LMX has a new electric bicycle to offer, but this isn’t a typical e-bike. Not only is the LMX 64H a light off-road electric motorcycle, it’s even street legal in Europe.
LMX unveils its new LMX 64H
LMX is a French electric bicycle and motorcycle company.
The company has now unveiled its latest product: a homologated version of its LMX 64 known as the LMX 64H.
The bike uses an electric mountain bike geometry but offers two parallel drivetrains.
On the right side of the bike is a typical bicycle drivetrain with bicycle cranks, chain, and gearset.
But on the left side is a second, larger drivetrain that uses a 2.5 kW peak electric motor to drive a giant 100-tooth rear sprocket dedicated to the motorized drive. The patented setup provides 200 Nm (147 lb-ft) of torque at the rear wheel using a chain originally designed for high power racing go-karts.
According to LMX Founder Adam Mercier:
We just launched the pre-orders for the new LMX 64H, our speed pedelec bike with 45 km/h homologation. You can climb higher and easier than with a classic EMTB, with less effort in the climbs and extended rides in duration and distance. The pedaling torque sensor and the 3 assist modes make it possible to adapt your effort according to the terrain.
The EU homologation for the LMX 64H puts it in the same vehicle category as 50cc mopeds. You’ll notice it sports a license plate holder, lights, mirror, and other road-necessary components. That allows riders to use it for multiple roles, such as commuting during the week and trail climbing on the weekend. And it’s certainly much more portable than most 50cc mopeds and scooters I see riding around. The LMX 64H tips the scales at 28 kg (62 lb).
The company is currently taking pre-orders for the LMX 64H, with the MSRP of €5,760.00 (US $6,300) knocked down to €4,990.00 (US $5,400) for anyone who places a pre-order. Delivery is expected by summer 2020 after production in France begins.
In stock – delivery within 15 days
We’re proud to introduce you the best electric freeride on the market, now road legal to L1e-B!
Engineered in France by riders for riders.
- Category : L1e-B , like 50CC moped and scooters
- Weight: 42kg in road legal form
- Top speed: 28mph /45kph (gearing+software limited)
- Max climb angle: 45°
- Motor type: BLDC (Brushless DC electric motor)
- Range : max 80km/3H offroad – typical 50km/2h offroad
- Wheel base : 1310mm
- Head tube angle : 64°
- Suspenion travel : 220mm rear, 200mm front
- Material : sand-blasted aluminium 6061
- Complete frame kit weight : 6.5kg
- Wheel size : 26″ front,19″mx rear
- Seat height: 88cm
- Controller: Brushless 130A max
- Battery : 57v /30 Ah (18650 Samsung 30Q)
- Charger 600W (3h complete charge)
- Speedometer with battery gauge
- Peak output power : 6300w
- Continuous output power : 3100w
- RST killah coil RC 200mm forks
- DNM RCP2 240mm shock
- TRP zurich (quadiem e-bike) brakes with 203mm 2.3mm thick rotors and metallic pads
- 26″ front wheel with 3″ tire
- LMX custom V3 rear hub with 19″ motorcycle rim and tire